Saturday 3 March 2012

POP QUIZ! (Tue, 28/2/12)

Whooo, POP QUIZ!!!!


Actually, I'm not that excited about it. More like nervous as nails. Nails?? Seriously, Elya? Pffttt....

Before the pop quiz, we learnt about Passive Voice first, which was presented by Su, Megat, Nabila and Nina. 

In passive voice, the object becomes the subject.
For example, 
Active voice, Farah writes a letter.
Passive voice, A letter is written by Farah.

As you can see, the object has become the subject in passive voice. I'd just discovered this web and I find it really helpful. I hope you think so too. 

Ok, let's talk about POP QUIZ. I don't understand why I am so eager to tell you about it when I don't even enjoy doing it. Maybe the adrenaline from the quiz still hasn't gone away and my, oh my, it was quite an adrenaline ride!

You really can't blame a girl for pumping so much adrenaline because we were timed! Ok, I just realised I haven't told you what the POP QUIZ (why do I capital all the letters?) is about. Heee. Ladies and gentlemen, the POP QUIZ was about Argumentative Essay. How exciting.


The only good thing was that it was a group thing, phewww. The bad thing was that each person was given only 15 minutes! I know, I know, finals are also timed but then that's different (no idea in which aspect, hah!).


I wrote the 3rd body paragraph and all I could think was that "Is it long enough?? Write more!! Faster!!" All the guidelines and processes that Miss Zu taught us were out the window. Not because I think it was not important or helpful. It was because I was feeling pressured and nervous.


Ok, enough with the 'spilling your guts' thing. See ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment